DAVIS CITY COUNCIL AND DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2019 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis City Council by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Mayor Ed Parks, here, Vice-Mayor Josh Oakley, here, Councilman Stan Jones, here, Councilman Darryl McCurtain, here, Councilman Brian Davis, here.
3. Prayer led by Stan Jones.
4. Pledge of Allegiance led by Ed Parks.
5. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. McCurtain made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Davis, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
6. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
7. Public Safety Report Dan Cooper. A copy of his report is in the packet.
8. No Chamber Report.
9. MCIA Report by Melissa Pratt. There is a new billboard designed and installed for Turner Falls. Southern Oklahoma Hiring Conference is doing a workforce event in Ardmore on April 23 with MAC Trailer participating and anybody else that has positions opened are welcomed. They will be doing radio advertising and social media for public knowledge. MAC Trailer is having open house inviting Kevin Stitt to come late February or the first of March.
10. City Treasurer Report by Brandy Claxton. The account balances are in the packets.
11. City Manager Report by Tom Graham. The Joint Banquet for Davis and Sulphur Chamber of Commerce will be January 31 and the City of Davis has a table for eight guests. Anyone wanting to attend please let him know and he will get them tickets when they come in. Update on Main Street and Sidewalk Project, bids from contractors due in to ODOT by January 17 by 2:00 p.m. Project suppose to be for 150 days and start date has to be before June 4, 2019. Work is continuing at Turner Falls on winter projects with some cabin remodeling and repairing floor at Headquarters. Update on Third Street project: With the holidays and all the rain we have received work has been slow. They have milled another block and getting elevations completed and then curb and gutter will start so we can move faster. We decided to do curb and gutter straight through and after road are finished; the handicap ramps will be installed on side streets.
12. No Appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
13. No New Business: Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda.
14. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Davis. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Davis, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
Cheryl Dodds, City Clerk Ed Parks, Mayor
DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 14, 2018 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis Municipal Authority by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Chairman Ed Park, here, Vice-Chairman Josh Oakley, here, Trustee Stan Jones, here, Trustee Darryl McCurtain, here, Trustee Brian Davis, here .
3. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Jones made motion to approve. Second by Oakley. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Davis, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
4. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
5. Consideration and possible action on update concerning property around Turner Falls Inn. Councilmen took no action on this, tabled. Tom started out by telling Councilmen that the cost to update abstract, legal descriptions and actual boundaries including the appraisal will be approximately $4,500.00. Special election will cost from $3,000 to $5,000, depending on the Election Board. He has left four messages for Bennie Williams to call him back concerning his asking price and has never received a call back from him. To his understanding, June Davis has Turner Falls Inn under contract right now to purchase and whether or not the City sells its property, she is still buying the property. So it is up to you Councilmen to go through to get it all marked out and calling a special election to see if the citizens want to sell the property or not. McCurtain said he didn’t think so if the City has to pay the price, then no. Mrs. Davis asked what if she paid for all that. She wants to buy it to open the store, rent the cabins out and put a restaurant right behind the store. Stan talked about the Assembly of God leasing it for a hundred years or so. Tom said yes and that was before the Ordinance went into effect. Stan said the Assembly of God sold it to the Baptist Convention for a dollar. Tom said Don Britain, while being City Manager, had Monte King Survey the land only not the measurements. Monte told Tom that where Turner Falls Inn retail store is, going back the other direction, the City owned everything behind the building up to the curve of the creek. Mrs. Davis said there is 25 foot strip back there that belongs to the Inn. Tom said there was suppose to be a road developed back there but never was. But the Williams have that piece of land now. It’s the land on the other side of the creek that we are talking about. Councilman Davis asked so if we get a surveyor then what does that accomplish. Tom said it will give us the legals, boundaries, actual size and value of the land. Davis asked Mrs. Davis if she wanted to buy the land from the City. She said yes, she would really want to buy the land behind Turner Falls Inn also. Brian asked if that was something that we use or utilize. Tom said no not since he’s been with the City from 1992 on. Darryl said it would have to be declared surplus and go out for bids. The way the Ordinance is wrote up with the stipulation is that it would have to be a vote of the people then have to be sold at a public auction. So even if the City did decided to sell it, it wouldn’t guarantee that she would get to buy it because it would have to be sold at an auction. She asked if she paid for it to get surveyed and everything, someone else could still buy it because of the auction. Davis told her yes, you could still get Mr. Williams place but not the other part of the property. Brian asked where the reading was that said we couldn’t sell or lease it. Tom said it’s an Ordinance; it’s in the Ordinance book under Turner Falls Park in Section 8-2-4. This is falls in Section 30 which is Turner Falls. There’s nothing that can be done unless the Council changes the Ordinance. Mayor said we’re not going to take any action on this tonight, tabled it for next month.
6. Turner Falls Report by Tom Graham. Billy is out due to shoulder surgery. They are working on winter projects.
7. Public Works Director Report by Tom Graham. Bert and his crew are out working on water leak. They have been getting a few water leaks due to all the rain and weather changes.
8. No appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
9. No New Business: Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda.
10. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Davis. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Davis, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
_____________________________________ ______ ________________________________
Cheryl Dodds, City Clerk Ed Parks, Chairman