DAVIS CITY COUNCIL AND DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis City Council by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Mayor Ed Parks, here, Vice-Mayor Josh Oakley, here, Councilman Stan Jones, here, Councilman Darryl McCurtain, here, Councilman Brett Knight, here.
3. Prayer led by Stan Jones.
4. Pledge of Allegiance led by Ed Parks.
5. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
6. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
7. Consideration and possible action concerning King Surveying request to approve boundary on property deed. McCurtain made motion to approve. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Monte King spoke in regards to the waterslide. The City of Davis transferred that property to Risner. There’s a 30 foot typographical error in the property description. Mr. Pletcher is the current owner. The deed was originated with the City of Davis transferring the property to the Risners which at that time, the Risners had it leased. Risner decided they needed to own the property so a trade was made. The Risners gave the City of Davis about 10 acres Northwest of where slide was for about 10 acres where the slide is. He thought the simplest way to fix it with the City of Davis owning the land that surrounds these would be for Mr. Pletcher to quick claim it back to the City of Davis and the City take the descriptions and deed it back to Mr. Pletcher. When the Risners got it, there was one little space of land that didn’t get transferred to him. He would like to for the City to quick claim that as well. It goes right through the middle of his cabin. King stated that this will clear up the title for the City. If you will allow for this to be done, he will draw up the new legal description, correct the typo on the deed and furnish the new property description to the City Attorney.
8. Consideration and possible action to declare property at 905 E. Davis, Davis Oklahoma, dilapidated. McCurtain made motion to declare it dilapidated and give him 60 days for them to do repairs and bring it to current building codes, if they need additional time and they’ve done substantial amount of work, they can file for extension. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Chipper stated this is the one that the City boarded up. Bill Davis was supposed to be here but didn’t show up. McCurtain stated that it needed to be repaired before some lives in it. We need to give him a time frame and a set number of days and stick to it. Attorney Mark stated that Council can make demands on it to repair and if he doesn’t, the City can then take action on tearing it down. Darryl stated that Council will have to set the standards and guidelines, a basic building code for that house to be lived in.
9. Consideration and possible action to declare property at 208 S. 9th Street, Davis Oklahoma, dilapidated. McCurtain made same motion as #8. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
10. Discussion and possible action on Beautification Club’s recommendation for recycling. McCurtain made motion to approve. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. ? spoke saying that they had to take the trailers back up because Ada changed their minds on accepting it because it wasn’t sorted. The park has offered that if we can find another location that they will come once a month to take the trailers to get dumped. They found Bat Liners out of OKC that they could take them to temporarily. We really want to find a way to do it maybe even partner with someone and Pauls Valley said they could do it. But the difference in the cost driving from here to Ada ended up is $63.00 per trip more. We just ask that you will change the location that we’re going to have to drive and give us more time to find a solution. It’s about every 10 days it will need to be dumped some days once a month. We need someone to work with us until we find another source. Tom stated that they had a previous commitment from a local Contractor that would haul it one time a month. I’m sure he would do, we would just have to ask him. Tom stated that the City could do this once a month, possibly twice a month.
11. Consideration and possible action to authorize payment for sidewalk design in the amount of $36,239.00 to be paid through the Street Fund or Contingency Fund. McCurtain made motion to approve, coming out of the Street Fund. Second by Oakley. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Tom stated that this is ODOT grant that the City received. The City is responsible for the 20% of total cost. This is the City part of the design and then there is a $50,752.00 in construction cost. When this was approved, we didn’t know what the amounts would be and total grant is $434,955.00 and we’re responsible for 80% of that, which is 87, 000.00. We can use Street Funds for this per Attorney. This program cannot go forward until we pay and send the contract back. Darryl asked why we couldn’t pay for it out of the Contingency Fund. Tom said we could but we have a lot commitments coming out of the Contingency Fund on future projects.
12. Consideration and possible action to seek an approval for Resolution 542 to apply for a COPS grant for a tenth police officer. Knight made motion to approve. Second by McCurtain. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Danny Cooper said that they received notice last Friday that they opened up the Grant, it’s a step-down grant. It will take a little burden off trying to fill that 10 position officer.
13. Discussion and possible action to approve Soonerette located at 602 E. Main, Davis Oklahoma to be torn down by the City of Davis. McCurtain made motion to revisit this on next meeting, August 14th and Sid provide us with a documentation of a loan secured to perceive on with the construction of the building and/or started construction on that building. If you do not produce documentation that you have a construction loan secured to where he can perceive with building, the proceedings will be to condemn that building and level that property at your expense. Second by Oakley. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Tom stated that you requested that the Attorney send a letter out last Council Meeting. Sid stated that he is having problems with the Insurance Company. They have already spent about $30, 0000.00. The roof trusses are to be over here this month but not getting the funding, it will be next month. He does have an employee go over there every day picking up the trash and keeping the property cleaned. Darryl asked what is his plan, how many days is it going to take you to get something done. To him, it seems that he only comes to us is when we send you a letter to take action against you. When are you going to start construction? He said he hopes everything will be resolved with the Insurance by next month. Otherwise, he doesn’t know what to do. He may have to get a bank loan. Mark asked how much money has been released. He stated that $220,000.00 has been released but still waiting for $100,000.00 to complete the job. The $220,000.00 went on the mortgage. He has not started the process on trying to get a mortgage for it to be repaired. If denied, he will have to go to the bank and try to get a loan. He’s waiting on the Insurance before trying to get a loan. Darryl told him he needed to go to Mortgage Company and get a loan to get everything fixed and get it open. Once they release him the money, he can pay that on the mortgage. He also told him to go try to get a loan for it so we don’t have to keep dragging this out. Darryl told him to come back to us next month & let them know where he is at on this and how much longer it will be. Stan told him he needed to get the dump emptied as well and maybe put in back of the store.
14. Public Safety Report by Danny Cooper. A copy of his report is in the folder.
15. Chamber Report. The Summer Fest was successful. We’ve really been pushing the “Shop Davis” and keeping tax dollars in our community. October is Hoot.
16. No MCIA Report.
17. City Manager Report by Tom Graham. Tom stated that they have been working on 4th Street and opening up those gutters that have asphalt over the top of them. Ricky Hayes, the Retail Consultant, would like to have a Meeting with the Council. He would like to have a joint meeting with Davis and Sulphur. However; he would have to do it during the day. August 8th would be an example. He would like to explain what they are doing. If that’s not available, he would try to give him other dates so he could see when would be a better time. We are continuing to work on areas on getting lawns mowed. There’s been a pretty large clean-up so far.
18. No Appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
19. New Business: Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda. Stan asked Chipper in regards to the Ordinance on the grass issue. Chipper stated that hasn’t written any citations on this. He’s had small issues on finding people who the properties belong to. He’s working on the ones who live in this town and trying to find the ones living out of state. We are trying to be fair with everyone.
20. Adjourn. Motion made by Knight to adjourn. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 10, 2017 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis Municipal Authority by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Chairman Ed Parks, here, Vice-Chairman Josh Oakley, here, Trustee Stan Jones, here, Trustee Darryl McCurtain, here, Trustee, Brett Knight, here.
3. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.
4. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
5. Consideration and possible action to approve road easement for Wes Webber at Cross Bar Ranch. Knight made motion to approve 30 foot road easement and require Wes to submit that to us, the corrected legal description. Second by McCurtain. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes. Tom stated that the Council asked him a couple months ago to get an easement surveyed and brought to you to get a road to his property. Wes was not present. Darryl asked Monte King before meeting started if this was the Eastern side of the creek, east of the house or before you get to the house. Monte stated that yes that is where this is at. Tom stated he wasn’t for sure if we wanted to give him an 80 foot easement.
6. Turner Falls Report by Billy Standifer. We had a good holiday for the 4th. Day attendance is up but the camping is down due to the rain. Everything continues to be going well. About 90 % of our customers have life jackets on the kids 12 and under. The online ticket sale is going to be a great deal once we get the bugs out of the system.
7. Public Works Director Report by Bert Curtis. We’re still doing brush, pot holes and spraying for mosquitoes.
8. No Appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
9. No New Business.
10. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Oakley, yes, Parks, yes.