DAVIS CITY COUNCIL AND DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2017 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis City Council by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Mayor Ed Parks, here, Vice-Mayor Josh Oakley, absent, Councilman Stan Jones, here, Councilman Darryl McCurtain, here, Councilman Brett Knight, here.
3. Prayer led by Stan Jones.
4. Pledge of Allegiance led by Ed Parks
5. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
6. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
7. Consideration and possible action to approve Planning Boards recommendation for Paul Ozbirn, with P & M Wrecker Service, to close a portion of the alleyway, only behind his property, in Block 77 within the City of Davis from “B” Street to “C” Street. Knight made motion to close. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, abstain, Knight, yes, Parks, yes. Paul stated that he was not asking to vacate it, just close it. Stan stated that half of it was by his property and the other half was someone else’s. Paul stated that he has his trash on the street now so they wouldn’t have to use alley to pick up their trash. Darryl stated that this can be reopened by the Council at any given time. There are no utilities that need to be moved or anything else. It’s not going to affect anything. Stan asked Paul that since he has been using this alley all along, what would be different by closing it. Paul stated that he had a complaint by parking vehicles in it and by City Ordinance you can’t have block the alleyway. They were going to start giving citations for blocking it. He stated that he did have a motor home sitting in it right now. Knight stated that we should have handled this ten years ago instead of now.
8. Consideration and possible action to designate Tuesday, October 31st for Trick or Treating. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
9. Discussion and possible action for Brandon Campbell to withdraw his contribution from OMRF. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes. Treasurer Brandy Claxton stated that he was an employee but was not vested. He just wants what he paid in.
10. Discussion and possible action for Melissa Tiger to withdraw her contribution from OMRF and City of Davis. Knight made motion to approve. Second by McCurtain. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes. Brandy stated that she is a vested employee and has been with the City for a long time and that Friday, October 13, 2017 will be her last day. She wants to withdraw everything out as a lump sum.
11. Public Safety Report by Danny Cooper. The reports are in the packet. They have been investigating the Boom-A-Rang robbery.
12. No Chamber Report.
13. No MCIA Report.
14. No City Manager Report by Tom Graham due to being ill. Brandy did say that they are working on making changes to the Employee Manual and that she brought a revised copy for Councilmen to look at before it is on the agenda for next month.
15. No appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
16. No New Business. Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda.
17. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
Cheryl Merrell, City Clerk Ed Parks, Mayor
DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY MEETING
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2017 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis Municipal Authority by Ed Parks.
2. Roll Call: Chairman Ed Parks, here, Vice-Chairman Josh Oakley, absent, Trustee Stan Jones, here, Trustee Darryl McCurtain, here, Trustee Brett Knight, here.
3. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Knight made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
4. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
5. Consideration and possible action on approve Permit No. Sl000050170630 for the construction of 896 linear feet of eight (8) inch PVC sewer line and all appurtenances to serve Washita Plains Addition, Murray Count, Oklahoma, in accordance with the plans approved September 13, 2017. McCurtain made motion to approve. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
6. Consideration and possible action to approve request from John Pletcher concerning 10 acre tracts for electrical easement at Cross Bar Ranch in Section 21. Knight made motion to approve the electrical easement pending the digging and placing of line with being surveyed with legal description provided. Second by Jones. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, no. Attorney Mark Melton asked John if he had a legal on proposed easement. John said OG & E called and talked to Tom about it. He has been talking with Tom about this since June. Ed stated that he personally would like to take no action until we get legal on it for his purpose and our purpose too that way we will all be on the same page. John stated that he still needed to get power in since he has been waiting since June. Darryl said we are talking about the RV site on the east side of the road, how far east of that will it run. John said if you can imagine the 8 spots there, it’s going to run about midway over to about 100 yards back. It will run over to say spot 5 then back east. It’s pretty much 150 yards from the meter base. And just to be straight, he will have to dig it and O G & E will put the line in. Attorney Mark said that whoever digs it, dig it and have O G & E come put wire in and then have someone come out and survey it. Darryl said Monte King will have to survey it or a licensed surveyor will have to.
7. Consideration and possible action to approve new contract with Arbuckle Master Conservancy District with City of Davis for industrial water supply. Knight made motion to approve. Second by McCurtain. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
8. Turner Falls Report by Billy Standifer. Billy stated that figures are down some going by the new system. The figures aren’t coming out right. We won’t know actual figures until the first of the year. He said there is something he wants to do out there and he has been checking prices on it. He would like to build a pavilion. He has had a lot of request from people wanting to have family reunions and etc. He is talking about concrete flooring and roof. It will be $8,925.00 for a 30 x 40. He was thinking about putting it on the east side of the 50 amp RV sites there is a couple of camping areas where it is kind of private. It’s close to bathrooms. It does have electricity and water and some grills around it. That spot would be real easy to control it. We will have to do some dirt work but he thinks it will be a good deal. He did talk to Gober and they are 11 to 12 weeks out before they can start but we will have to get the pad and everything ready first. But he will come to Council on setting a cost for reservations on it and also a set cost for winter months. We were planning on having a Turner Falls Workshop sometime but I wanted to go ahead and present this. He did talk to Tom about this and Tom said it was within our spending limits so he went ahead and ordered the building. He thinks it will be a nice addition for the park. Come this spring, it will be good to go. Billy said he was thinking about charging around $50 to $75. Citizen said that he needed to be about $300 on it because of the cost of upkeep to go back and clean it up. Billy said they would have to clean it anyways. Ed said he should check with some other places that have them on the prices. He said it was up to them anyways. Stan asked if we were getting any closer on the computer programming. Billy said they are still doing it and talked to Adam Carter today. We have these scanners for the people that buy their tickets online and we’ve had a lot of problems with those. He is not very happy and still not happy with not being able to know where amounts come from. Brett stated that he did talk with them and he thinks there were some miscommunications on it. From what he was told and he was told from both sides, so correct him if he is wrong, we were told to work with Rheba to set up this and get everything we need on it but Rheba is charging us $300 an hour to work on this. Is that correct? Darryl said about $100 an hour. To his understanding, they were told not to talk to Rheba till we got the recording we needed and then bring her back in. At that time, it was tax season and Rheba said she did not have time. And that pushed us back even further to where we’re already in the middle of things and trying to fix everything after it’s already started and that’s difficult to do. Billy said it is very difficult to do. They bring the system here to use it instead of bringing it here to do what we needed. Brett said it is doable and it’s going to have to be corrected. Billy said one of the big things we are dealing with is trying to get the figures together to gather the taxes. You can go out there today and it will be two different figures. Brett asked why they (Council) haven’t seen these reports. Billy said because they’ve still been working on them. Brett said they needed to see these reports as well since they are making these decisions; it’s difficult for them to make the right decisions. He needs to be educated and do his homework to know exactly what is going on. Billy said he understood that and that he was sitting there last month when they came in asking for more money and no one ever asked him anything about what he thought about it or if it was going good. Brett said he thought he provided his opinion. Billy said the concept of it and what it is doing, yes he likes it. Brett said he thought it was way too early to throw up our hands and do away with it. Billy said the reporting of it and getting the figures on it, we need. He said that the last time he talked to Rheba on it, she said they were getting a lot closer. Billy said he used to be able to go back to his computer from 3 years ago and get figures. Brett said all those numbers came from hand written numbers. They were putting it into a spreadsheet. Now we have technology coming into this and there is going to be growing pains but that’s the world we live in today. You can say it’s their fault but it’s our fault as well because we didn’t have this set up properly. Billy said he doesn’t know how many times his workers have to call the guy in California for answers. Brett said correct him if he’s wrong, this wasn’t necessarily set up to calculate taxes on what we’re paying in on sales taxes. It wasn’t initially set up that way but we’re going back and having to try to calculate it now. Billy said we have to have that. He has to have a daily count on people during summer on adults so he can send money to town. Brett said he couldn’t tell how many people we have in the park on a certain day? Can you yes or no. That’s the important thing. If we don’t know how many people are in the park. Billy said yes and no. At the end of July, he called Adam Carter and asked how many people we ran through there for the month of July, we said we sold a million worth here and a million worth there. Billy told him, no we didn’t. Brett said that he could promise him that the software had the capability and shouldn’t be too hard to pull that from there. Billy said he wasn’t disagreeing with him. Darryl said it hasn’t been programmed to do that yet. We need to be talking to the company in California but we didn’t buy from the company in California. We went through Adam and them so that’s who we need to go through. If they don’t know enough about it to support the product that they sold to us, then they need to go to the person in California. And we keep going to them when that’s not who we bought it from. Billy said there are two different systems, there’s one that does all the cabin rentals and everything and it is working perfect and works great with no complications. It’s the ShoClix deal with the ticket sales that has caused us all kinds of problems. His main concern is knowing what money is coming in and being accountable for it. Brett said it would be helpful to the Council to see the reports that he is talking about. It’s hard to have a discussion on something when you’re not educated on it and don’t know what is going on. Billy said he understood. Brett asked Billy to keep him informed on how close, close is. Billy said yes he would because they (Council) needed to know.
9. Public Works Director Report by Bert Curtis. They are hoping to get waterline fixed on East Allen. And with all the rain, they got started back on Lakewood today. There was a conflict with the meter guy being here tonight. They actually have a new person that’s a “her” now. This is Badger. They can come give a presentation and maybe some figures.
10. No appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
11. No New Business. Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda.
12. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Knight. Vote: Jones, yes, McCurtain, yes, Knight, yes, Parks, yes.
Cheryl Merrell, City Clerk Ed Parks, Chairman