DAVIS CITY COUNCIL AND DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY
MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis City Council by Brian Davis. Time: 7:00 p.m.
2. Roll Call: Mayor Brian Davis, here, Vice-Mayor Stan Jones, here, Councilman Josh Oakley, here, Councilman Clint Grinstead, here.
3. Prayer led by Stan Jones.
4. Pledge of Allegiance led by Brian Davis.
5. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Jones made motion to approve minutes and claims. Second by Oakley. Vote: Oakley, here, Grinstead, here, Jones, here, Davis here.
6. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
7. Discussion and consideration of entering into an agreement with the State Auditor to perform and investigate financial records of the City of Davis and Davis Municipal Authority pursuant to 74 O.S. Section 227.8. Grinstead made motion to approve entering into an agreement with the State Auditor to perform and investigate financial records of the City of Davis and Davis Municipal Authority pursuant to 74 O.S. Section 227.8. Second by Oakley. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes. Tom stated that Council wanted that back on agenda so you could talk with State Auditors yourself. Davis said he spoke with Brenda and she said if they voted yes, they would come down here and give us a ballpark range it would be and if we decide not to, then vote no and send her the minutes. He thinks it’s about $100-$125 to file it. If they decide to go with it, Tom or Mark can send them the minutes, then they will get in contact with Councilmen as to when they will come down. They will get a scope of all they want audited, then they will set a price. If the range is too much, they can change the scope of what they are wanting. It’s not going to cost the city a great deal to find out what the cost will be. Stan said they could make an educated decision after we go through that process.
8. Discussion and possible action to amend Ordinance concerning duties of City Treasurer. Jones made motion to approve Ordinance concerning duties of City Treasurer to include utility adjustments and refunds, and deposit refunds along with the petty cash at the City Hall. Second by Grinstead. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes. Tom said at last meeting you asked him to look at the duties of Treasure and to come up with something on it. So, this is what he came up with, in Section 2 under B. they added the underlined that states: He shall oversee and check all daily reports involving deposits both with the City of Davis and Davis Municipal Authority to include Turner Falls Park. He shall conduct random checks of safes and records at the City of Davis, DMA, and TFP. He shall complete payroll for the City of Davis, DMA and to include TFP and maintain all employees’ records. He shall oversee all benefits afforded to the employees of said departments. He shall oversee and supervise the utility collection department to include all transactions and to include supervision of the utility clerks. Clint and Brian had concerns as to why Cheryl, City Clerk, was in the middle of it doing the adjustments and receipting the deposit checks in. They felt since Brandy was over the utility department, she should handle everything doing those things.
9. Consideration and possible action to approve Resolution #551 for Special Election for Ward 1 Election. Jones made motion to approve. Second by Oakley. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes. Tom said Election for Ward 1 is September 10.
10. Consideration and possible action to appoint member to SODA Board of Directors. Grinstead made motion to approve City Manager, Tom Graham to continue as member to SODA Board of Directors. Second by Jones. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes. Tom explained that his term is due and didn’t know if you (Councilmen) wanted to add someone else to it since it is a three-year term and he wouldn’t be here for that long. He recommended the Mayor taking it over. Councilmen discussed it and decided that they would reappoint Tom until he leaves next April, then they could vote electing someone else when he leaves.
11. Consideration and possible action on request for council packet to be given to Davis News. Jones made motion to approve council packet to be given to Davis News minus minutes and claims, since they wouldn’t be approved yet, City Manager’s comments, and personal records. Second by Grinstead. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes.
12. Public Safety Report by Danny Cooper. They are looking for other ways to improve out at the park due to last week’s drownings. Grinstead asked regarding his report not having booking fees on it. He stated that Murray County does all the booking fees over there.
13. Chamber Report by Ashley. Their business of the month is Landmark Bank and they will have presentation on Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. July 11 is Chamber Meeting with Kiwanis-Turner Falls Duck Race presentation. July 25 Chamber Meeting with Beyond Brotherhood and July 27 Health Fair at Arbuckle Memorial Hospital from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
14. No MCIA Report. Tom did say that Industrial Authority decided to let Retail Attraction, Rickey Hays, go. He was given two months’ notice and was notified. His last payment will be in August.
15. City Treasurer Report by Brandy Claxton. She went out to Turner Falls with City Clerk, Cheryl, to do random checks on their safe’s. She had Officer Gregory count and verify his money as well as Melissa Tiger whom is over Retail. They needed bags to put their money in in which Pauls Valley National Bank provided. They have logs when you put money in and take money out of safe. She will have P & L, that Clint has requested, next month.
16. City Manager Report by Tom Graham. He would like to get with Sulphur City Manager in regards allowing Melissa Pratt with Murray County Industrial, to be able to go to some field work with trade shows. Third Street hasn’t had much progress, they are working on curves and gutters. We did build forms around two manholes, raise them up that were not in original contract. The plan is to make first layer up to Davis Street then do all side streets, then tackle Davis Street. Grinstead asked when did you realize about the manholes. Bert said when they hit one of them probably a month ago. Clint said we just raised them last week. That was the hold up on them working on the streets, correct? Brian said he spoke with Ed Parks with Pavers and they were waiting on City to raise manholes, that was the hold up for the last two weeks was. Clint asked if it was possible to leave this (3rd Street) on agenda until it was complete. Tom apologized for not putting on agenda, he was getting ready for vacation. Tom said Ron Gillihan was out of town tonight is the reason he wasn’t here. Clint said he should have a representative here because now we’re getting conflicting stories on why it was held up and why it wasn’t. Tom said he was never told from anyone from Pavers that the job was held up from us getting the manholes done. Clint asked Tom what the reason was he heard from it being held up, he said waiting to get the curves and gutters done, up to Davis Street. Tom also stated that with all to respect, they really need to ask Ron these questions, not his employee. He’s sure Ron would prefer to answer these questions.
17. No appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
18. New Business: Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda. Jones made motion to approve Special Meeting on July 15th at 7:00 p.m. to discuss 3rd Street Project. Second by Grinstead. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes.
19. Adjourn. Oakley made motion to adjourn. Second by Jones. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes.
Cheryl Dodds, City Clerk Brian Davis, Mayor
DAVIS MUNICIPAL AUTHORITY MEETING
MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019 7:00 P.M.
DAVIS CITY HALL
227 EAST MAIN
1. Call to order Davis Municipal Authority by Brian Davis.
2. Roll Call: Chairman Brian Davis, here, Vice-Chairman Stan Jones, yes, Trustee Josh Oakley, yes, Trustee Clint Grinstead, yes.
3. Consideration and possible action to approve Consent Agenda including minutes of prior meetings and claims. Jones made motion to approve. Second by Oakley. Vote: Oakley, here, Grinstead, here, Jones, here, Davis, here.
4. No items removed from Consent Agenda.
5. No action taken on update of City Council filling out applications on Beer Sales at Turner Falls Park. Want to bid out beer concession. Waiting on legal opinion from City Attorney.
6. No action taken on electronic meters. Lengthy discussion on how many electronic meters was needed. Tom will have accurate number presented to Council at next meeting.
7. Consideration and possible action to update on 12-inch meter plus valve at MAC Trailer. Tom said 12” meter has been ordered and will be here September 19th. Estimated value is $110,112 not including plumbing connection and valve.
8. Update by Justin Ramsey with Cross Bar Ranch. Justin introduced Brian Trottle, his new investor, out at Cross Bar. He was glad during his Ultra Four that Chief, Danny Cooper and Assistant Chief, Dee Gregory made a visible statement out there. They are already at 90% as to last year, so they are doubling this year.
9. Turner Falls Report by Bill Standifer. Lengthy discussion on different ways to improve swimming at Turner Falls. New signs indicating steep drop off have been ordered. Additional buoys purchased to realign buoys in both swim areas. Looking possibly to remove gates to lower water level.
10. No Public Works Director Report.
11. No appearances and petitions from the audience. (Limit of three (3) minutes for each.)
12. New Business: Discussion and possible action concerning any matter not known which could not have been foreseen prior to the posting of this agenda. Councilmen moved Special Meeting to July 22nd, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. instead of July 15th, 2019.
13. Adjourn. Jones made motion to adjourn. Second by Oakley. Vote: Oakley, yes, Grinstead, yes, Jones, yes, Davis, yes. Time 10:15 p.m.
_____________________________________ ______ ________________________________
Cheryl Dodds, City Clerk Brian Davis, Chairman